LONDON FASHION WEEK | PRESENTATION REVIEW: MARKUS LUPFER


By far the presentation I was looking forward to the most, we'd bagged tickets for Markus Lupfer! I've been a fan of the brand since the collaboration with Topshop many moons ago and it's seriously brand goals for when I'm ballin' in my New York penthouse apartment. So off we went on Saturday at London Fashion Week to preview what's to come next season.






Pulling up to the venue we were overwhelmed with excitement - although we didn't have an umbrella and it was throwing it down! On entering the building we headed upstairs for fresh juice refreshments before heading into the presentation. Markus himself was stood outside the entrance doing meet and greets with celebrities and press which I thought was a really nice touch. It definitely added a little more personality to the brand as it's just usually a quick wave goodbye as the show closes. The layout of the room was really intimate and welcoming. In the middle of the room was a concrete block where the models stood facing outwards. You entered the room and circled around so you got to view the collection in full force. There was know hierarchy on the FROW or a split divide between the elite and the not-so-elite, everyone saw the collection the exact same way with no special treatment for the A listers.


The collection itself was everything I had dreamed off. Dark floral printed fabrics and sheer sleeves were met with boyish boxy tailoring, yet feminine details came through from the mauve and mustard floral embroidery. With complimenting shoes and accessories, the models were styled to perfection. What I seriously loved the most was the wearability - don't get me wrong I enjoy a see-though PVC cat suit and a mohawk just as much as the next, but this collection made me want to shop for AW16 NOW!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK WOMEN'S FASHION, FITNESS AND LIFESTYLE BLOG | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig