PLACES TO EAT IN MANCHESTER | THE PEN & PENCIL

Brunch club is one of my favourite things to do on a weekend, especially if it means I get to spend time with my nearest and dearest! Now I’ve been hundreds of times for drinks before at Pen & Pencil in Manchester’s Northern Quarter, the vibe is really cool and I love the layout – on a weekend the music is always eclectic which is perfect if you’re out in a big group. But this time things were a little different; I was about to review the bunch menu.















Situated at the very back of NQ past Stevenson Square and Hatters Hostel, Pen & Pencil is a new(ish) contemporary bar which really emulates Manchester to me. With exposed brick walls and low hanging lighting, this place is not one to be missed if you’re ever in Manchester. I’d heard amazing things about the food menu, usually I’d head to TROF if I’m brunching in the City Centre, but I wanted to try something new – there’s only so much Chorizo Hash one woman can eat, sorry TROF!

Looking through the menu I was seriously spoilt for choice, whether you have a sweet tooth in a morning or not there’s definitely something for you. Stuck between the American All-Day Breakfast and the Avocado and Eggs, Emma and I decided to go half-and-half so we weren’t struck with food envy! Tucking into a beaut skinny latte as we waited for our food, we chatted away taking in the décor and sights of Manchester.

On arrival the food was beautifully presented, I’m not usually one for an all-day breakfast but Emma wanted to give it a try. Starting with the Avocado and Egg with extra bacon, I wasn’t disappointed! The poached eggs were done to perfection – as you know how much of a poached egg snob I am haha! The addition of the bacon complemented the feta and chilli jam really well, as the sourdough bread fell apart in your mouth. The hash brown was also the perfect balance of crisp and softness, which I used to mop up the runny yoke.

Now the sausage patty on the American Breakfast was divine! I usually don’t eat pork but I couldn’t help myself – using the yoke from the eggs, I created a mini sandwich with the American pancakes – YUM!


All in all I’d give Pen & Pencil a 4* rating on the brunch front – my only negative comment was that there wasn’t more!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK WOMEN'S FASHION, FITNESS AND LIFESTYLE BLOG | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig