WHAT'S IN MY CLEAN EATING SNACK CUPBOARD




We’ve all been there whilst dieting; you get that sweet treat craving which usually tips you over the edge. But what if I was to tell you there are other alternatives that satisfy those taste buds but aren’t too bad for you? As an avid believer of the 80:20 diet – meaning you eat clean 80% of the time and cheat 20%, I sometimes do struggle at that mid-week point for something sweet, but over the years I’ve learnt that not all ‘treats’ have to be classed as a cheat. Here are some of my healthier options to fight those cravings and keep you on track.

If you’re a crisp lover then why not go for something a little more wholesome? Swap those McCoy’s for a packet of Yushoi Snapea RiceSticks or Superdrug’s LightBites. At around 95 kcals per pack as oppose to 264 (McCoy’s standard salt & vinegar) and only 3.2g of fat you can get that crunch without the calories.

Now if like me you crave all things sweet like cake and chocolate, reach for a protein bar like Aussie Bodies instead. In a variety of flavours such as Coconut and Lemon and the Blueberry and Almond, or the smaller bite size Salted Caramel bars are delicious! My other fave treat to pick up are Nakd’s bars and bites, you can usually get these from any local supermarket which, stops you from getting a Mars bar instead!

If there’s one thing I’m guilty of drinking which I know is super bad for me it’s Diet Coke! But since the beginning of the year when I crave that fizzy drink, I opt for a vitamin packed juice instead. My favourites being the Aloe247 and the Goldenberry & Chia Smoothie from Waitrose – both of which are delicious! 

You’ve probably seen me go on about Bioglan before, but the new updated collection BioHappy range is just as nutritious and packed full of those Superfoods and Probiotics. My go-to from the new range is the BioHappy Superfood Cultures, which come in 24 handy little sachets to enjoy on the go. Containing 10 billion live bacteria from two scientifically studied strains, the tasty drink is cacao and vanilla flavoured and aids digestion, boosts mental performance and energy levels – the perfect mid-afternoon tasty treat to get you through the rest of the day.

Another treat that curbs that sweet craving is the super fruit powder and bars from Aduna. Created with the incredible Baobab super fruit, the powder is perfect to add to a smoothie and fruit juice or even a flapjack mix as I’ve tried. With 33% of your daily Vitamin C requirement and almost 50% fibre, it has more anti-oxidants than most fruits!
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

© UK WOMEN'S FASHION, FITNESS AND LIFESTYLE BLOG | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig