HEALTHY PLACES TO EAT IN AMSTERDAM: LAVINIA
















By far one of my favourite cities to visit, Amsterdam has something for everyone… and I’m not talking about the Red Light District! Having been to most of the major European cities including Berlin, Normandy, Paris, Brussels and Barcelona to name just a few, I can honestly say Amsterdam is by far one of the best. Mainly down to the vast range of things to do, places to visit and things to eat! As you know I’m a HUGE foodie – I’d swap a night out for a restaurant feast any day! Heading back to Holland for like the ninth time, I wanted to make sure I was exploring (and tasting) something different.

Heading to Instagram for some much needed food-research I came across Lavinia; a healthy food alternative just a stones throw away from Vondlepark. After a heavy first night out at the Ice Bar and drinks in Leidseplein, we wanted a nutritional start to the day… After all, I knew I’d be pigging out on Febo and waffles for the rest of our trip! Walking into the diner we were greeted by some seriously Instagrammable décor – I’m talking light cinema boxes, hanging exposed light fixtures and a mini green house displaying tasty desert treats! In that true European culture, the tables were close together which allowed you to spy on what everyone else was ordering – another one of my favourite things to do haha!

Looking through the menu Emma and I did our usual ‘we want everything’ moan so we decided to get two meals and split them – definitely a massive perk of having a bestie who loves food just as much as you do! We decided on the Avocado, Black Bean Salsa and Shrimp Black Tortillas along with Salmon and Poached Eggs on Sourdough Brown Toast. And as you can see from above, both looked AND tasted extremely delicious!

My fave of the two had to be the tortilla dish; it tasted so fresh it literally melted in my mouth. The shrimps were cooked to perfection and weren’t at all rubbery, which I usually find when eating out, as if they’ve been cooked for too long or left under a heater.  Well these were not like that at all! The jalapeños were a nice touch to, as they added that extra kick to the avocado and black bean salsa. Definitely would recommend this if you loved something a little unusual. The salmon and sourdough dish was just as tasty, with the poached eggs cooked perfectly – there always needs to be a runny yoke!

So if you’re ever in Amsterdam, you MUST drop by Lavinia. It’s about a 10-minute walk from Vondlepark, which is also a great spot to visit if you’re in Dam!


AddressKerkstraat 176, 1017 GT Amsterdam, Netherlands
Share:

1 comment

© UK WOMEN'S FASHION, FITNESS AND LIFESTYLE BLOG | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig