WHAT TO WEAR IN AMSTERDAM RULES 101






HOLD UP – YES that IS me in colour… Did you ever think you’d see the day?! I popped into Zara wanting something cool and comfy for my Amsterdam trip and this bright orange jumper really caught my eye – and that’s not just because of the vibrant vibes it’s got going on! Heading back to Amsterdam for maybe like the ninth time, I was fully prepared with what to expect and what to pack so I thought I’d put together a check list in case you’re heading over to Holland yourself and are struggling with what to pack.

Rule 1: wear trainers. No fleeky heeled boots, sandal or leather shoes will do the job. You need comfort, trust me.



Rule 2: take plasters. Just in case your beloved trainers decide to rub and cut your feet, you’ll be safe knowing you have plasters in your backpack.

Rule 3: wear layers. I’ve been to Dam in the sun, rain and snow – trust me layering is key. Around November/December you’ll need long johns as Amsterdam is technically below sea level so it is ICY!  I went in March about three years ago and it was boiling, but I went this year and I fully had a padded long coat on – so layers is the perfect option.



Rule 4: don’t pack heels. Unless you want to break your neck or need to use boxes of Rule 2. The city is full of cobbled streets and long walks – nothing you can do in heels I assure you.


Rule 5: don’t take an ‘out, out’ outfit. People in Dam are so chilled, you can literally go from seeing a few tourist attractions to eating in a restaurant to staying out until 6am in the same clothes. Trust me save yourself some luggage space.

Rule 6: leave room in your case. Reaffirming Rule 6, the stores in Amsterdam are out of this world! You’ll find yourself in some kind of cool boutique purchasing brands you’ve never heard of before – all in the name of fashion ;)


Rule 7: anything goes. Whether you want to wear a fluorescent jumpsuit or a super pink fluffy hat with coordinating socks, I’m telling you, you won’t get looked at twice. The fashion over there is something else!


Share:

4 comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    You guys know shopping for the women fashion dresses could be real fun as well as one of the most rewarding experiences for the buyer. Among the wide variety of fabrics as well as designs, one can find garments that display the figure of the wearer to its best advantages irrespective of the occasion for which such dress is being used. See more at-Women Fashion
    Regards

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a good point here!I totally agree with what you have said!!Thanks for sharing your views...hope more people will read this article!!!
    womens tops and blouses

    ReplyDelete
  4. I went over this website and I believe you have a lot of wonderful information, saved to my bookmarks
     curated designer fashion for women

    ReplyDelete

© UK WOMEN'S FASHION, FITNESS AND LIFESTYLE BLOG | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig