THINGS TO DO IN GLASGOW: BLOGGERS GUIDE





After another successful blogger event, this time in Glasgow, I thought we'd make the most out of it and do a little bit of sight seeing. The boyfriend has friends up in Scotland so he met me for another night on Scottish turf. Thanks to some serious help from Forever Yours Betty and Honey Pop Kiss, I was set with a jam-packed list of places to see and things to eat!








Places to eat Glasgow: Singl End Cafe

Out of all the places we ate, I'd highly suggest visiting Singl End Cafe. Set downstairs in a kitsch little side of town, the venue is quirky and extremely vintage-esque. I ordered a King Prawn & Chorizo Open Sandwich from the specials menu, as you can see from the picture it was DIVINE - like if we had a Singl End in Manchester, it would be far be my fave spot. Marcel opted for a Steak Sandwich with Leek and Bacon Soup - equally as delicious as mine. 

Address: 265 Renfrew St, Glasgow G3 6TT







Places to stay in Glasgow: Citizen M

Now I know this is not my first time I've stayed at the Citizen M, you may remember my review here from a few years back, but when I'm staying in a new city I usually like to branch out and try new places but as we were only there for one extra night I felt it was easier just to book somewhere I've stayed before - especially as the service and facilities last time were incredible. For a one night stay it cost around £85 with members discount and it was worth every penny and more. Citizen M have hotels in various spots such as Paris, New York, Amsterdam and a couple in London, yes they're small but they have everything you need for a short stay. 

Address: 60 Renfrew St, Glasgow G2 3BW







Places to eat in Glasgow: Roaster's Deli

Close to the city centre, we checked out Roaster's after a good scan on Instagram before we headed to Glasgow. The cute venue would of been a great spot for a hungover breakfast, with breakfast burgers as an option I'm sure you'd be satisfied! I went for the salmon and eggs, which if I'm honest I was a little disappointed at the portion size after a manic event the night before and a morning working from the hotel room... I mean come on guys, how much more effort is a second piece of toast haha! Despite the lack of (much needed) carbs, the breakfast was still delicious. Maybe it's my own fault for not going for the breakfast burger after all!

Address: 192 St Vincent St, Glasgow G2 5SG







Places to visit in Glasgow: The Glasgow School of Art

The Glasgow School of Art was another recommendation that came from Forever Yours Betty and Honey Pop Kiss. Just a stones throw away from Singl End Cafe, the School of Art has an exhibition space that showcases its own talent. You can check out up and coming artists at no charge at all, taking in what's to come from the next generation of talent.

Address: 192 St Vincent St, Glasgow G2 5SG










Places to eat in Glasgow: Prep Fitness Kitchen

After another good Instagram stalk, I came across the Prep Fitness Kitchen which looked very similar to some of the spots we check out in Manchester. With the whole 'clean eating' vibe going on, we thought we'd head there for breakfast on our last day. I opted for the Banana and Cocoa Protein Pancakes whilst Marcel went for the Bacon & Maple Syrup stack. Deliciously healthy and tasty, there was nothing to fault with this little Insta find - thank god for hashtags haha!

Address: 22 Bath St, Glasgow G2 1HB














Places to visit in Glasgow: The Botanical Gardens

Now if you read up on my Where To Go In Copenhagen post, you'll know I have a thing for a Botanical Garden. Well guess what... This one was ALSO SHUT! Honestly my luck with these kind of places is crap! It's the second time I've attempted to visit a beautiful flower sanctuary and I've got there slightly after it's closed. Anyway, we walked the grounds which I'm sure were easily as lovely and visited what would of been the rose garden (if it was in bloom). Definitely give this place a try if you're in Glasgow... Maybe tag me in your pictures so I actually get to see what it looks like too haha!

Address: 730 Great Western Rd, Glasgow G12 0UE





Places to eat in Glasgow: Bread Meats Burger

The current winners of Scotland's Best Burger venue in 2016, you can find Bread Meats Burger places across Glasgow; including the City Centre, West End and even one in Edinburgh. Established in 2012, the burger joints are like a bistro Five Guys. Whereby you can takeout or sit in and relax eating your chosen burger and mouth-watering fries. Marcel is quite the burger connoisseur, if he's having a cheat meal then he definitely makes it count, so take his word for it when he said it was delicious! 

Address: 104 St Vincent St, Glasgow G2 5UB







Places to eat in Glasgow: Tantrum Doughnuts


Another Instagram find was Tantrum Doughnuts, and when you'd strategically swapped your Sunday cheat day to be midweek, this was an opportunity I couldn't let slide! Known for their crazy take on doughnuts - including bacon and crackling flavoured, each creation is made my hand by REAL people. Non of this machine or pre-made rubbish. We also ordered from Tantrum for our event catering, so make sure you give them a shout if you're after something tasty and unique.

Address: 27 Old Dumbarton Rd, Glasgow G3 8RD
Share:

1 comment

  1. Amazing blog, I loved reading it Please keep on writing blogs like this in future as well.

    Residential areas for students in London

    ReplyDelete

© UK WOMEN'S FASHION, FITNESS AND LIFESTYLE BLOG | All rights reserved.
Blog Layout Created by pipdig